Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

Twas the night before Christmas, and, well you know the rest of the story. My wife's family have been with us all afternoon, and just finished supper. It's always nice to have people around, and we don't always get the chance to be together. Who knows what might happen before next Christmas, if someone would have told me a year ago that I was going to lose complete vision in one eye, my daughter and I were going to be in a car accident, or I was going to be in New Orleans helping with a Hurricane, I would have never for a second believed it. The same holds true to everyone else, we sometimes take life for granted, never giving much thought to friends, family, and situations, however, when faced with personal problems we need to stop and appreciate all thats been given to us.

Yesterday I recieved a copy of the Star Phoenix, and was interested in an article that was written about myself and my trip to New Orleans. After having many articles wrote about myself, this is the first time that a jourinalist was actually telling the truth. Very nice to see. It has also generated some interest, as I will finally get to speak @ Elim Tabernacle on New Years Eve, so for those that want to see and hear about my missions trip, be there by 7 p.m. Also yesterday was a very rewarding day for myself, my wife, and a friend from work. Our floor at work decided to assist a man and his son for Christmas, we collected food and gifts for them both, and yesterday we delivered them to the appt. What a joy it was to see this young man and his Dad accept these gifts, as they did not know that they were going to recieve anything. As I said in one of my previous entries, it should be Christmas everyday. People, (and they could be your neighbours for all you know), could be in the same situation. Why do we have to wait till Christmas to always be nice ? Think about it.

So from all of our family to my friends, family, and extended family around the world, my GOD continue to Bless you this Christmas season. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Blessings
Rocky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home